I'm published!!!.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taco, Aug 15, 2008.

1. I was shooting a burn out competition last Saturday and the Winnipeg Free Press ran two of my photos in their autos section. I was told people want to see pictures of people so when the driver of the F250 had his arms raised in victory I captured this image. The rope is to notify the driver to shut it down if things get squirrely. Two pics @ 35 a pop won't get me a D3 but it's a start. The money shots..........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

I had a poor vantage point and didn't care for this shot but it ran a 1/4 page.
    348365143_madfp-L.jpg

Joel Laurin winner of the competition in his 69 Nova
    348367887_rDP2E-L.jpg

2. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I can't see the pictures... but big congratulations!

3. Wooho! Must be a great feeling! Just in time for a Friday beer, eh! Way to go Ted!

4. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Congrats!!

cant see the pix either :(

5. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    right click > open in new window/tab

6. timzilla

timzilla Guest

cant see the pics either but congrats! it must be a great feeling!

7. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Congratulations!

You're images aren't showing up though

8. Yeah, no images--must be some weird Canadian security thing! -- or perhaps pictures of a white car on snow? (Just kidding Ted:biggrin::biggrin:)

9. Thanks for your replies everyone! It's sure nice to see your name in print for the photo credits. Now that I get paid for my work does that make me a pro?? :biggrin: I'm resubmitting the images again since they don't seem to work for some members.

Cheers

348365143_madfp-L.jpg

348367887_rDP2E-L.jpg

10. The pics showed up for me both times so that's wierd. Maybe the pics aren't showing up since the F250 is still under warranty. :biggrin:

Cheers

11. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Very cool pics!

People, for some reason you have to right click on the little | thing and open in a new window/new tab, or copy image location and paste into browser bar.

12. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    It is nice to get published! I was published in the Australian popular Science magazine, Cosmos in their June/July issue. (page 27) Not the most super exciting or great shot, but I got them what they wanted.

You did a great job on these!

13. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I am not seeing your pictures, are they in a public folder on your hosting site?

14. Can't see. can't right click and open... but Congrats anyway!

15. Why does he have a cable round his wrist, and what is he doing to that poor truck?

16. The rope is to notify drivers to shut down their vehicle if things start going wrong. This was the newest vehicle there and I'm sure the Ford dealer would want a talk with the owner about warranty if they saw him doing this. Most contestants tow a ready to scrap junker to the event and beat on it. I have a very rusty 67 Olds Delmont that I'm entering next year. The car has no collector value and is only worth $160 a ton. If it blows up who cares. Here is a link to my previous post with more burn out pics.......https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=182676

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  17. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    Burnouts are fun tho....
    [​IMG]

18. Congrats! :)

So are they just burning out - doing a burn out contest or something?

Did you see where the new 2008 Ford diesel trucks were catching fire? I worked for Ford for a bit and we had a lot of losses in sales because of it. You can read about it and check the video here. Basically, there wasn't enough circulation for the fumes and room for them to escape so they were backing up and catching fire. Pretty scary.

19. Dave: Awesome burnout!!! I had a 69 Dart hardtop with a 318 and I could really fry those little 13 inch tires but nothing like that........

Stacey: I hadn't heard of that problem with the diesels. I don't really follow the big three much anymore. I did own a Ford once but that was long ago and I was drinkin pretty heavy back then.......Actually I shouln't knock Ford trucks. I heard 8 out of 10 are still on the road, the other two made it home:biggrin:

Cheersd