I'm really starting to like doing candids

at places where I am suppose to do candids... I'm still too chicken to do street shoots.

Anyway.... bride...food...bride...food..... okay food wins. :biggrin:

3595746854_670e02fa14_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

To chicken to do street candids? Go out with a group in a populated area, I got over it that way.....I got to go with Bride on this one, shes gorgeous.

To chicken to do street candids? Go out with a group in a populated area, I got over it that way.....I got to go with Bride on this one, shes gorgeous.

Oh yes she is, but let me explain, I took two frames, one with the focus on them, and one on the food. But to me this frame was more interesting. But then, I love food :biggrin:

at places where I am suppose to do candids... I'm still too chicken to do street shoots.

Once you realise that 99% of the people outside don't even realise you're taking their photo, and the remaining percent doesn't care you'll get over it pretty easily.

I know how you feel Linda. I have'nt done any street shooting in years. But I do love candids at parties/weddings etc. This is nice.

Real Name
Alex
Nice shot Linda.

I started with some trepidation. Today I'm addicted to it. It is fun to get good shots.

Julien is correct. Most of the people have no idea and the few that do, don't care. Only once in the thousands I shot, I got asked if I could delete it (I did because she asked nicely, and used the magic word). A few (very few, like three) times they said: "you got a nice picture!" and I replied "Yep" and kept on walking. No probs.

great shot Linda.
it will be easier for you to do street because less people take notice(in their thought patterns) when a female is shooting in populated areas.
when a guy shoots they are all thinking.....whats his motive... like a guy at the beach with a camera etc etc.... give it a go.

I'm really starting to like doing candids
That's great!! We need more people browsing this forum!

Regarding which to focus on, I have a "street photographer" mentality, so I'd focus on the near object with something like f/8 aperture using a wide angle lens, which usually means the background would be in focus too. :smile:

There's just one little issue...I live more in a "village" than a town. LOL... there's one street. But one day on a busy event or something, I'll give it a try. :)

I'm in the same boat, candids are my portrait style of preference, but I'm too chicken to do street photography with complete strangers.

Latest threads

Top Bottom