1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I'm searching for a couple of miscellaneous items...waterproof boots and kneeling pad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, Apr 19, 2019.

1. A while ago I was watching a photography video on YouTube. The photographer had a small fold up mat that he could pull out of his camera bag and unfold to kneel on to keep his knees dry. I can't find the video now. Do any of you own any such item? If so, where did you get it.

Secondly, we are going to the Oregon Coast in a few weeks. I would like to buy some sort of waterproof boots that I can wear to wade out into the ocean a little ways. Do any of you have some you can recommend? I'm thinking that I would like the rubber type....kind of like rain boots that would be easy to slip on and off. But, I will take any suggestions.

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    The water can get deep pretty quickly - AND - the waves will cause the water level to go up and down. Ideally hip waders would work, but they will be bulky to carry around....and I don't know how expensive they will be. Also, you have to be on-guard at all times for a rogue wave, especially when carrying your gear.

I used knee high waterproof Sorels in Iceland....and managed to fill them up with icy sea water, as Glenn can attest! LOL!

3. I use knee pads, any hardware store would have 'em.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I can attest to that...and to the fact that my waterproof boots also filled up with icy water from the Atlantic Ocean.

Glenn

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yoga mat, HD knee pads tilers use, boots depend on how deep you need. Have fun

6. Good idea!!

7. There are lots of "best of lists", here's is another, The Best Rain Boots for Men and Women for 2019

Years ago we made our first trip to Alaska and we wanted to take waterproof boots with us. Our Alaska friends told us to wait, and if needed, buy 'em up there as they know best what works. In the end, we never needed "Ketchikan sneakers" and saved ourselves a lot of money.

8. Terri, I just tried both Muck and Bog brand boots, wanted them for hiking in wet woods. Went with the Bog brand, found them very comfortable to walk in. The Mucks hurt my feet, but everyone’s feet are different. My daughter has Bogs, she likes them a lot. If you visit Bogs website, they’ll send you a 10% off coupon. I tried the Mucks locally in a farm/sports store named North 40, maybe there is one near you. Had to order the Bogs online, Zappos has them.

9. That's a good idea, too!! Buy them there if I need them.

10. Thank you, Rick. We have a big farm supply store here. I'll check it out.

11. I bet that was cold!! I do think hip waders would be too bulky to take. Perhaps there is no avoiding getting wet, but it would be good to try!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.