Im so Glad I bought a Super wide

im so glad I have my super wide. This was taken w/ my 12-24 Tokina

451964004_f4e5e3e9f6_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G

GastheerG

The 12-24 from Tokina is also one off my favorites!
Nice shot anyway!

Ironicly I didn't grow to appreciate the wide-end until I SOLD my Tokina 12-24mm. I sold it because I wasn't using it, got $400 for it here on the Cafe (no hood or box) and picked up a Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX DG for $200 on eBay just to have something wider than my standard zoom... well since then I've been so impressed with the build and sharpness of the Sigma that I'v eactually started purposefully using it. These don't compare to littlewing's shot (in quality or danger!) but they are the kind of shots I missed out on by not making myself use the Tokina but am lucky to still be able to get with the Sigma (which I'm seeing go between $350 and $450 now).

15mm, f/3.5. 1/1000 sec

dsc0019xl9.jpg

19mm, f/11, 1/500 sec

dsc0044yn5.jpg

15mm, f/9, 1/320 sec

dsc0060me6.jpg

B

bradystrib

im so glad I have my super wide. This was taken w/ my 12-24 Tokina

451964004_f4e5e3e9f6_b.png

Ahhh man baller shot! I was supposed to be at Long Beach but i had to shoot another event on the east coast. Anyways, nice shot man! You planning on attending all Formula D events or even the D1'S or NOPI Drift events?

thanks brady. im gonna attend every event i can make it out too as long as the pocket book allows, heeehehe

Chris: That is an impressive shot! My son would also love this since he's so into sport cars, racing, and drifting although he is only 5 yo. He started at 3 with NASCARs and Forumula 1. And yes please enlighten us by answering Stephen's question.

Stephen: I really like the first two pics! The composition and the colors.

Leo

B

bradystrib

thanks brady. im gonna attend every event i can make it out too as long as the pocket book allows, heeehehe
well i'll be at most all other Pro/Pro-Am drift events this year (NOPI, Formula D and D1)...come find me if you make it to anymore. I'll be with S3 magazine so either find the S3 booth or the guy with the S3 hat and branded camera bag :D

Quick question... is the background out of focus from DOF or panning? If panning then that's some darn good panning!

its a mix of both. i was at the hairpin so the cars werent moving extremely fast so i was having some difficulties getting some good pans. i believe i shot this at f5 1/250. so i think the blurred background is a mix of both dof and panning since i was tracking the car as it passed by me

thanks leo. im glad your son has an interest of motorsports. reminds me of me. but im a much better photographer than race car driver.

I like the shots here and I like some of the shots I have taken personally with my 10-20mm but I am just not sold on the super-wide concept. I fear I may part with mine very shortly - I have been thinking about it for a long time.

At the same time, enjoy yours and keep taking great shots like this! :smile:

Latest threads

Top Bottom