i'm so late to this macro thing

I am so late to macro photography, I still dont have a dedicated macro lens so I decided to pick up a cheapo 28mm 2.8 E series nikon lens online as well as a reverse adapter and a set of cheap manual fotodiox extension tubes. This was my first attempt at something and even in bright harsh daylight at 12noon I still needed ISO1000 sheesh. I definitely will be adding some type of off camera flash in the future for macro shots of this nature.

I knew this was going to be tough especially at magnifications greater than 1:1 but it sure is hard to stop down manually and get a solid shot. Even stopped down to F22 I still dont get nice DOF i need and bugs dont exactly stay still enough to focus stack.

DSC_0217 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

Nice shot...! :smile:

Yes, light is the hardest thing... A flash will help and so will a macro lens as it's much easier
to use but you're on the right track...

The good news is that you got a great shot for the effort. The bad is that you probably figured out that reversing a 28 and shooting with no flash is darn near impossible. Talk about jumping into the deep end. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom