I'm so pumped! Got published...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jim Strathearn, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Well, not exactly published, but for lack of better words, I guess that's what you'd call it! Got a note from an advertising firm a couple of weeks ago. They said they were working on two new kiosks and a brochure for the new Fisherman's Wharf and trail at Conowingo Dam and would like to know if they could use some of my eagle pics. They sent me a PDF of the layouts and bingo - the check came today! I think this is so cool. There will be two enclosures built that will house the kiosks. So I guess it's like being "publicly published"! :biggrin: Anyway, they chose two eagle shots. The image below is the kiosk for the trail which is across the river from the parking lot where we photograph the eagles from. The new Fisherman's Wharf is going to be adjacent to the employee parking lot, up close to the dam. This image shows one of the eagle shots. The other is a head shot. Both images are used in the Fisherman's Wharf kiosk and brochure, with just the one eagle shot being used in the kiosk for the trail. Fellow Cafe Member Nikographer is having some of his images published on these kiosks and brochure as well! I asked the guy how he found my images and he said he just Googled Conowingo Eagles, found a bunch of websites and chose my photographs. Cool!

Anyway, I'm pumped! :biggrin: Here is the one kiosk (complete with typo's, etc.)

[​IMG]

2. Gary Mayo

Gary Mayo Guest

Way Cool, Way To Go!

3. AlanG

AlanG

May 6, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    Hey, if its in print, you published:smile:. congrats. It's really cool to see your work in print. The check doesn't hurt either.

4. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    That definitely counts Jim. Congrats. Did they say when the kiosk is going to be built? I wonder if that will be a good spot for photographing eagles compared to the parking lot.

5. Faaaaaaannntastic!

Fantastic and congrats! :biggrin:

6. Jim,
    congrats
    i am very happy for you

7. Good for you Jim, your shots you post in the bird forum are all excellent! I hope you're getting paid for your shots.

8. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Nice Going Jim,Congrats

9. Great Jim! Make sure the brochure has photo credits. Too small for me to see if it does.

10. Way to go Jim that is fantastic

11. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    Outstanding Jim!
    That's very cool.

12. mike367

mike367

Mar 22, 2008
    NY
    Congrats Jim !!!!!!!!:biggrin:

13. Will you be sending autographed copies or we gotta come to Maryland? It's great to be associated with "famous" people. Congrats!

14. Congratulations! I just got published, too, but I'll start another thread on that.

Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

15. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Jim, You Deserve It! Congrats!

16. That's awesome. Congrats! Nice to see one of these "I got published" threads where the photog actually got paid as well. :smile:

17. Congrats Jim!

18. Congratulations, Jim! Great honor that he chose your above everyone elses. :)

19. Wonderful!
    Congratulations, Jim!