I'm thrilled now!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jose Suro, May 7, 2007.

1. Hi All,

Another thrilling surprise capture while shooting songbirds in Florida's prairie environment. I never thought I could get a shot at one of these so close. The bird turned away from the Sun at just the right moment and I was able to capture detail on both the black and white parts of the bird! And there's a bonus songbird posted below this latest catch :).

Thanks for looking!

Best,

Jose

D200 - 300mm/F4 @ F8 - ISO 400 - handheld

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    Splendid captures Jose! Especially the Swallow Tailed Kite where you have managed to control the exposure so beautifully.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow
    what else to say

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Jose,

You may need to get a checkup with all the killer shots you have captured this year. Your thrill factor is most likely off the scale! :wink: Both of these are superb!

5. Jose another set in the outstanding catagory!!!!

The Kite shot is Awesome

6. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Classic shot of the kite - great job making the capture and with perfect settings no less. Your songbirds are always perfect and the bluebird is no different.

7. Jose, both of these images are excellent. On the first one you sure did nail with the exposure and focus; and the second shot is a terrific capture and great composition.

Louie

8. Excellent shot of the kite - holding all the detail is those colors

9. Both great.
    Love the composition of the bluebird. Very well done.

Don

10. OOHHH Wow did you ever nail that Kite!!! And a Nice Bluebird as well!!!

11. That 300 f/4 performs magic in your hands. Beautiful shots.

12. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Awesome shot on that kite, Jose! For me that would be a once-in-a-lifetime shot. I'm on my way to Payne's Prairie this Saturday (in the middle of tick season, no less) to hunt and shoot a swallow-tailed kite, maybe some deer and pileated woodpeckers also. Wish me luck.

13. Thanks again everyone! It sure was a completely unexpected thrill and the highlight of the day!!

Best,

Jose

14. You must be Irish. *-) That's some pretty good luck to have a kite show up. Nice captures Jose. I need to find me one of those kites. Cool bird.

15. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Marvelous shots Jose.