I'm thrilled now!

Hi All,

Another thrilling surprise capture while shooting songbirds in Florida's prairie environment. I never thought I could get a shot at one of these so close. The bird turned away from the Sun at just the right moment and I was able to capture detail on both the black and white parts of the bird! And there's a bonus songbird posted below this latest catch :).

Thanks for looking!

Best,

Jose

D200 - 300mm/F4 @ F8 - ISO 400 - handheld

150550787-O-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

150516921-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Splendid captures Jose! Especially the Swallow Tailed Kite where you have managed to control the exposure so beautifully.

Jose,

You may need to get a checkup with all the killer shots you have captured this year. Your thrill factor is most likely off the scale! :wink: Both of these are superb!

Classic shot of the kite - great job making the capture and with perfect settings no less. Your songbirds are always perfect and the bluebird is no different.

Awesome shot on that kite, Jose! For me that would be a once-in-a-lifetime shot. I'm on my way to Payne's Prairie this Saturday (in the middle of tick season, no less) to hunt and shoot a swallow-tailed kite, maybe some deer and pileated woodpeckers also. Wish me luck.

Latest threads

Top Bottom