I'm too sexy for my hair

Saw the strangest looking duck at Gatorland on Sunday. He was near the flamingos trying to get any scrap of food he could find. He saw my black Nikon gear and kept swimming towards me and honking.... :)

1st glance:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

front view:

Ole blue eyes posing pretty:

D2X/300 f4 AFS/1.4x handheld

B

bfjr

Little to much time at Vidal Sasoon's me thinks :lol:

Nice shots very crisp

OMG thats funny,

Look good on a gift certificate to the Hair dressers. loloolol

Great shots.

Hi Dave. No, it's no Photoshop trick. It's the real deal, 100% mother nature. I've got another shot of a brown duck that has a tuft of feathers like this one does, only smaller. I'll see if I can dig it out.

I have to say, he was rather funny looking. It was good for a laugh! :D

Kevin Scott said:
It's the real deal, 100% mother nature.
I am not so sure that Mother Nature is responsible for that. O.k., there are the weirdest shapes among animals, but this one looks very much like selective breeding to me. Just remember into what pitiable creatures some of the pigeons have been turned by the breeders. Same is true for certain dogs and cats, BTW.

Maybe you're right, Harry. Here's the brown version of the duck with the same "affliction"...

LOL!! Great capture, definitely a first for me

As we all know birds can be self contious, so someone has come up with the brain idea of a tupei" for birds...........that feather loss thing is really a bummer I hear and blows their self confidence................lmao!!!!

Hey Russ, thanks for the link. I overheard some people there referring to a "Crested Duck". Guess they were right. I just thought it was some type of anomaly.

I thought this particular guy looked like Gary Oldham in Bram Stoker's Dracula from a few years back. Perfectly coiffed.

Glad everyone's enjoying the photos. It was quite a surprise to see it swim around the corner and come right up to me! :) Sometimes it's fun to look at the humor in nature.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom