I'm Worried

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken-L, May 22, 2005.

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Too Worried To Respond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

:roll: Do YOU worry?
    The idea for this post came from another post where we discussed the transfer of images to a new type of storage device....

:shock: I worry about losing my images, but then I worry about all sorts of things, and I'm worried that I worry too much. :(

I suppose there could be a thread just on the fears of losing our images.

Back in the film days, I once left a roll of film in a store near Niagara Falls. Someone had found the roll, the store was holding it and then mailed it to me. Another time, a roll of my parents zillionth wedding anniversary was virtually destroyed by a film processor!

All we can do is be careful and keep our fingers crossed. And I will continue worrying. :?

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    need to start and

"Ol' Farts Worry Club"

So we can all come here and dump the worries before we hit the buy button......

Then worry how to pay for it. :>)))

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    "Don't Worry - Be Happy"

Haven't lost a digital image for years and when I did, it was due to my own ignorance. So I don't worry about that. I do however, worry about all sorts of other things, to numerous and trivial to mention.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yeah Chris,

That darn trivial stuff will worry the crap out of ya.

I am sure it does me.

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I like the idea of a Worry Club....
    maybe we can even earn a category!

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ken,

We can call it the OFWC lol

8. I'm worried about this thread.

Should I be reading it?

Should I be using time to post in it?

Would the time be better spent doing something else? Like worrying?

I don't know and I worry that I never will.

9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    I don't worry about much at all.

I did once lose about 3000 baby photos of my first born, but I got over it, and I'm not worried (dumb mistake when rebuilding my computer).

Life's too short to worry.

10. I used to worry, a lot, back in the serious days of my youth. But then i realized that 98% of the time whatever I was worried about never happened, and I had been so busy being worried and planning for the worst that I wasn't having much fun, missing many opportunities. And the 2% that actually happened, were nowhere NEAR as bad as I would have feared anyway.

So now I just figure that if something is going to happen that is bad enough to do serious damage, I'll just let it sneak up on me and whack me in the back of my head :lol: . This is why I prefer earthquakes to hurricans and tornado's, no "worry time".

OTOH, I do worry about people who start threads like this and the people who reply. Oh, crap, here I go again, thank you very much. Jus tfor that, I'm NOT going to answer your sill poll........

grumble-mumble-grumble......

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You worry me Bill. We'll put you down as a 'yes'. ;)

12. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Why Worry?

I read this some 45 years ago....

There are only two things to worry about, will you be well or get sick.
    If you get sick there are two things to worry about, will you get better or worse.
    If you get worse there are two things to worry about, will you live or die.
    If you die there are two things to worry about, will you go to heaven or hell.
    If you go to heaven there is nothing to worry about, and if you go to hell
    you will be too busy shaking hands to worry. So, why worry?

13. Instead of worrying, get away from your computer and take a picture of something pretty.

Here's the way I started my day on the left coast :).

14. Damn, Frank, your everywhere. I worry if i open another catagory there will be this gorgeous image of a hummingbird that will cause me to worry about my deficiencies as a photog.

15. There's a couple of solutions to your self image problem. You could start psycho-therapy, or simply dedicate yourself to hummingbird photography for a week or two. Lord knows you've got the gear and the skill. Just take the time to learn about the little critters, and the flash techniques used to snap them. That's what Keith R. did, and I'm truly envious of his results!

https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=4487&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  16. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I worry cause I worry :>))

17. Frank
    You are right and the main intent of my post was to compliment your work. I am impressed and the images that keith r post are great too. I do want to accomplish this as well, but am very content to view your image and say "that is awesome"
    even tho I may be able to do it, psyco therapy may still be a good idea for me.

18. I guess I'm sorta undecided. Some might say I worry while others might say I don't worry enough. :D

I guess part of it is that I don't feel like I have that much to lose most of the time, and part of it is that I don't believe in "worrying" though I do believe in "concerns" and "being realistic" (or is that pessimistic to some?). :D But ultimately, I believe in leaving things up to the good Lord as I can only plan so much and do so much -- and things are really just (perishable) things in the end though you bet I have my fair share of desire to hold on... :mrgreen:

Best regards,

_Man_

19. Man,
    While I appreciate the end thoughts of your post, I get the feeling you are worrying about worrying, if you get my meaning.

20. Well, I didn't worry until I saw this danged "Worry" thread, and now that you are worried about me I am worried about you....GAAACCCKKK :!: :!: I think we are all the stew now.

Who the heck is this 'Ken-L" person anyway? Does he have a lot of dogs or something :?: :?: :?:

I think we should just put an end to all of these worrisome kinds of threads. How about we start an initiative, a protest, a RALLY :!: Yeah, that's the ticket. Then we can worry about how many people might show up, how many hot-dogs we need......Oh No, Mr. Bill, a death-spiral is ensuing...............(the sound of my brain going down the drain......gurgle-gurgle...) :wink: