Image in B&W

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Someone suggested that I try this picture of my grand-daughter Megan in B&W and with a tighter crop. I would be interested in your thoughts.

2. Sorry Frank, couldn't resist that one ...

Lovely portrait and young woman ...

Here is my quick version.

original.

3. Nice shot of a lovely girl Gordon, thanks for sharing.

I like the tighter crop, however, I tend to favor a "chocolate" tone for B&W. Here's a example using your shot:

Regards,

Joe

4. Hi Yves and Joe. I like the sepia toned version and will try to duplicate that myself. Yves, I have the dreaded red X on your image so can't comment. Thanks for taking the time to enhance my meager offering.

5. Thx to PBase Gordon ...

Here is the link ...

http://www.pbase.com/yp8/image/39817809/original

6. Yves,

The darker treatment of this image does add to the moodiness of it. Thanks for taking the time to play with it and for your comments.

7. Gordon -

Maybe I'm just a sucker for a pretty face, because I like all of them (and of course by extension that therefore means I like all shots of your family members :) ). I do have a slight favoritism for the "chocolate" (slightly different from sepia) tone when compared to the B&W ones posted, so I'm anxious to see what you do with that.

Yves -

I've been finding today that red x's occur if I use PBase links in the "number/size.jpg" format instead of the more generic "number.jpg". Hopefully that's an issue that slug (or whomever) will fix soon.

8. Thanks Dave, I too like the chocolate version and will have to talk to Joe to see how he does that.

Gordon