Image Posting/ Storage sites

I understand that to post a picture I need to link it to a URL. OK I can handle that, my question is what do most of you use? I see pbase and smugmug, are there others, and what are the pros and cons of each?
Thanks in advance,

I use Flickr and Smugmug and find that the medium size of Smugmug is clearer (less pixelated) than the medium size on Flickr wen sharing on a message board.

You can use Flickr for free, but I believe there is a 5MB per picture upload limit as well as a storage limit. Smugmug offers a free 14-day trial and then you must pay to continue using it. I prefer Smugmug for storing all of my photos (hundreds of family snapshots) and Flickr for my better images that I like to share for comments and critique. Smugmug is about $10 more per year.

I don't have any experience with pbase.

Zenfolio is working well for me. Very fast speed, awesome slide show, dynamic image sizing to fit your browser windows and their Pro account is only $40 U.S. per year for unlimited storage and bandwidth. They even allow for custom domain name mapping with the $40 account. Very pleased with them so far! www.zenfolio.com

Cheers!

Thanks Kellie and James this is the info I was looking for to start my search.
How about retrieving your photos if you leave the site, or want to rework them?

Thanks Kellie and James this is the info I was looking for to start my search.
How about retrieving your photos if you leave the site, or want to rework them?

No problem at all retrieving your files from Zenfolio. You simply copy them back to your PC. I should also mention that Zenfolio offers "right click" protection of your files (same as SmugMug) so nobody can download your master image files without your consent and this can be enabled or disabled at your discretion and by individual gallery or picture as well. Zenfolio will have a picture comments section available shortly and will also be offering theme customization as well in the near future in case you don't want to use their pre-made themes.

There's also a site called Community Webshots. A friend of mine uses that.

I use flickr and have been pleased with it.

I use flickr mainly, have thought about using another, but got a Pro account from the wife for Christmas, so figure I would stick there for higher res shots I always can E-mail them.

I used to save my images to web shots l, large files.
I retrieved them one day just to see if it reallly worked.
They were all renamed with numbers and sized small
So beware thnking you good to go on net back up.

would not trust a one of them. In business today gone tomorrow

Latest threads

Top Bottom