Images from my Yellowstone winter trip

Hey all :smile:

I've been pretty quiet this year with photography as I had to concentrate on getting my wedding sorted. But now I'm a married man I've finally had time to process and write up about my images from the Yellowstone trip I took at the start of the year. It's a pretty big write up, so split in to three parts to cover the nine and half days we were there.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Here are a couple of images from the write up though, for those that are just happy with a taster of what it was like :)

_DSC1184.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of my favourite images of the whole trip. Taken with the Nikon D7000 & 600mm

bison_pano.jpg

4 shot panoramic, using D3s and 600mm

_DSC0761.jpg

Bison in a blizzard, again with the D7000 but this time the 70-200 as well.

Lots more on the links above for those interested, plus more to come in part three of the trip report tomorrow.

Thanks for looking :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very much appreciate the comments everyone, thank you!! I've updated the original post to include a link to part three as well now.

Richard I dont know if youve seen it but Outdoor Photographer magazine here in the States is looking for winter shots to put on the cover and your first shot above would make a great magazine cover. Here is the link.
http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/...book&utm_medium=status&utm_campaign=fb_111711

I've entered. Fingers crossed and thank you very much for letting me know. I've often thought it might make a good cover!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
That first one is absolutely fantastic! I'll be looking at the others soon. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the marriage!

Fantastic images and write up. Oh how I love the Lamar Valley and your tale kept chills running down my spine thinking of the cold and the blistering beauty of YNP in the winter. Thank you so much for sharing it, I loved every word and picture. I'll finally get back there late next May and early June and I can barely wait. Your story helps bide the time.:smile:

Thank you for the very kind comment all. It took quite some time to pen the blog posts so it's great to know people have enjoyed reading them! :)

Amazing shots! #1 is an absolute classic, and I also love #3!
i do not agree with your comment
(if it is a classic picture it is not amazing.....
this fist pic is certainly not classic...)

.all really beautiful Bravo

Congrats on the wedding.
The series is beautiful; all are outstanding but the first evokes a powerful sense of isolation.
Well done.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom