Images on CF card gone! What recovery program should I use?

Downloading from cam. Cam batt died. Card now shows nothing.

What Mac or win program is the best for under $40??

What brand CF card were you using? If Lexar, they have a very good - and free- recovery program.

I have used this to recovery from every brand card there is....it used to come free on lexar pro cards...it is either 29.99 or 39.99 the last I looked a couple of years ago.....it allows you to choose the type of file to recover....so besure to check all you want to recover....

The Sandisk works great for your card. I think I have like 3 of them laying around, they usually come with the cards. If you dont have the disk then go to their site the recovery program should be there.

Why???

Good luck. I wish you well. But this has been beat to death on every camera forum. Use a card reader, or your tower's card slots, to avoid these problems.
true but if i forget to put the CF card back in the camera then I'm SOL at the next shoot

I always download from the camera, not one issue thus far

ALWAYS set your camera to not function without a card.

BUT we warned unlike the D200, on the D300,and I don;t know about the S, you must set it for EACH BANK. I shot birds for 2 hours before I realized I had switched banks and the camera was shooting without a card. Just some stupid programing from NIKON, maybe it was corrected on 300S, as per my ranting letter. :smile:

ALWAYS set your camera to not function without a card.

BUT we warned unlike the D200, on the D300,and I don;t know about the S, you must set it for EACH BANK. I shot birds for 2 hours before I realized I had switched banks and the camera was shooting without a card. Just some stupid programing from NIKON, maybe it was corrected on 300S, as per my ranting letter. :smile:
I have it set, I forget my CF card for a sports shoot once but lucky I never remove the SD card from the slot.

For me downloading from the camera works, but i only have one 8GB SD and one 8GB CF card where i can image some pros have 5-10 card so you can take one out and imedently put another card in so you don't forget later

PS the "S" will only go to the slot that has a card in it as far as I know

My bad Andrew, cards are so cheap I guess I just figured everyone had a pocket full. I remember when they were $1000 a gig :smile: and you meant you were shooting with an empty card slot. had no idea that the S had 2 slots. Why does it has a SD card slot? Just lack of space for 2 CFs?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom