Images, please give your thoughts

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Commodorefirst, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I always have been accused by my students, spouse, and daughter of being a bit different, :wink: and sometimes that occurs in my photos,

Was out the other day, spied this corner power pole, and me being an eclectic photog, I just had to "have my way" :eek: with this.

Here are my three results, needless to say, I tend to like the last negative version of this, but I am always interested in other photogs thoughts on my conversions and views. I like the angles, the lines in the photo, and the conversion to BW and then inverted makes the clouds just jump out and create an interesting mood to me.

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Original with some color processing:

[​IMG]

Converted to B&W with cropping/rotation:

[​IMG]

and the final inverted version after some more processing:

[​IMG]

thanks,

Wade

2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Something I like about the third one. Maybe it's seasonal, but it looks sinister, kinda Dr. Frankenstein-ish. Looks like there is danger in the electricity.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think I would like the third one if it had lightning...:>)))

4. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Here ya go, Gale.

[​IMG]

5. I like the first one, but I think what would be more dramatic is to get closer to the pole shooting upwards, more abstract... great idea! Electrifying!!!!! LMOA

6. I like the 3rd one the best. Actually reminds me of a scene from an old B&W movie. I just watched the 3rd Man with Joseph Cotton the other night and it had the high contrast scenes like that.

7. I agree completely, although #2 is a close second; the contrasts make it!

Rich

8. I like the 3rd one.

I agree with Sandi, I think even closer to the poll and even wider angle would produce an interesting abstract.

The repost with the lightning would make a perfect Halloween avatar.

9. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Frankenstein - hadn't thought about that and being seasonal. I see this photo in a new "light"

Thanks

Wade

10. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri

11. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    hey thanks for the thought S. I can' remember how close I was to the pole, or if I could get closer, next time I am there I will give it a go. Now if I could just get that nice cloud there on that day!

thanks,

Wade

12. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Thanks Gordon, I am a big fan of old B&W films, and I just love dark and high contrast scenes.

13. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Thanks Rich, to get the good negative you have to bump up that contrast in the original color and BW conversions.

Thanks

Wade

14. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hey Mark,

I should have put on my 12-24, this was shot at the 24mm. And I forgot to give the exif: taken on my 24-120VR, Raw, 24mm f10, 1/320, ISO 200, with Polarizer on the lens, middle of the day.

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hey Gary ,
    I like it with lightning......

Gives it a reason to be :>)))

16. Very creative on the second and third one but I favor the original one. Beautiful clouds. Good eye on that one.