Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Removed User 1, Sep 15, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Dean, in my area of the country it is best not to go near any raccoons that are out during the daytime as a large number of these animals have rabies. Raccoons are nocturnal and don't usually come out during the daylight hours. Judging by the appearence of the animal this possibly may have been the case.
    Interesting series of images though. :smile:

2. While camping out in Yosemite National Park I heard a rustling in the trees. I pointed my flashlight at the noise and these two eyes were staring back at me. It was a Raccoon and he wasn't the least bit shy. Like your images he came down into our camp and began to rummage for whatever tidbits it could find. Looks like you had a pretty interesting encounter with this one and in the daytime no less. Thanks for sharing your images.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really neat series. Snarly little guy tho at times. The last one is the cutest.
    We see them in the daytime in Florida often.

They can be dangerous though, thats true. But cute antics.