Imaging USA-Phoenix, AZ...Anyone going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryan Scott, Sep 22, 2008.

1. http://www.imagingusa.org

I've decided to take a lone flight(my wife would rather watch grass grow)out from Philadelphia to have a fun and really informative week. As an ispiring pro, there are a few seminars that sound great. It would be cool to meet up with a few Cafe members while I'm out there.

2. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    live there... look us up when your in town

3. I'm a new PPA member and got an offer to attend for free, so I am considering it. I am sure it would be very informative and a great learning experience.

The only downside is finding a good cheap flight and hotel in the area.

4. I had just done a quick search on priceline for round trip airfare and hotel from 1/7-1/13 and came up with a lot of listings within the $700 mark, and a few within the $500. I'm sure the less you pay, the further you are from downtown Phoenix, so I've got to do a bit more hunting and book within the next month or two so that price stays as low as possible.

May I ask your position as a photographer? Pro, semi-pro or aspiring? I only found the link to Imaging from considering joining the PPA and browsing their site. How has joining helped you thus far, and what caused you to join initially? I was actually going to post a thread about the PPA soon, but I appreciate the insight.

5. Yeah, but my wife would want to come along which doubles the price, and she will only stay at hotels like the Four Seasons :rolleyes: 

I would call myself a semi-pro... I do shoots for money (mostly portraits and headshots), but it is still a part time gig.

I joined the PPA for a couple of reasons: networking with other PPA members, to get listed on their "find a photographer" site, and to give myself some professional credentials. I also liked getting the malpractice insurance and the copyright/legal assistance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.