(img) Studio Shot. (no Nemo) a real live person this time.

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Catz, Jun 4, 2005.

1. I am looking for some critiquing on this photo. I was not going for poses as I told Holly to just be herself. She wanted to be silly in a few photos for her friends and family as she is a funny person to begin with.

Aside from that, I only did cropping on the photo. It is straight out of the camera. However, I am seeing either too much cyan and or too much bluish cast.

What do you think?

Thanks,

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice shot, cute girl & pose, but yup, too cool

I've found, that if I'm not doing a preset WB, which we all should in the studio, using my Alien Bees AB400's, if I set my WB to Flash -1, it comes out very close to perfect.
    I took the liberty of bringing it into PS, then using the Color Balance tool, oved the sliders to +20 Red, -2 Magenta, and -15 Yellow. Also, slid the Right Levels slider left to 240 to brighten it just a touch more, then finally, just a small touch more sharpening. Correcting skintones after the fact is an absolute bear after the fact, so that's why it's so critical to get them right the first time, straight out of the camera.
    I'll get it off my pbase page as soon as you see it.

Your Original:

With PS Color Balancing:

original.

3. Steve,

Very nice indeed. Thank you for fixing this for me to show what you have done. I will put my X on the setting you said and see how it will work for me. I am also getting a gray card ordered today.