1. excersise2.

View attachment 92422

View attachment 92423

These pictures were a part of a excersise at a Christian High School.

The students were learning about Afghanistan and a take over by militant rebels.

The pictures are of a group of students ( afghanistan people ) that have been rescued by the UN. The U.N. bus was taken over by terrorists and the students were taken off and put into a prison camp.

They made this as real as possible.
    All guns a fake. There were refugees there telling their stories as well as Canadian Military officials.

It made an impact on the students

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow
    impact for sure

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Wow. Good thing I'm wearing my brown pants today.

4. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    So they have a George W. Bush High School in Canada, eh? :biggrin:

I spent a long time in the USAF, but extreme right scare tactics on HS kids is a bit TOO much...even for me.

5. agreed, I dont think this excersise really scared anyone though. BUT the movies, lectures and this excersise left an impact and it left the kids with a different view on our freedom.

6. The walls have ears.

:smile:

7. I'm sure it helps the kids understand what the Afghan refugee kids have gone through before landing here. Stops the bullying and mocking, and helps them understand that sometimes those kids have been placed in horrible situations and just want a gentle place to fall.

The kid in the second picture told the whole story - he looks like he's daydreaming about baseball or something.

8. Definitely a different set of shots. I didn't know what to think with that first one.

9. ipsofacto

ipsofacto Guest

This is a pretty twisted and completely unnecessary thing to ever bring into a school in my opinion.

10. LizBug

LizBug

Mar 3, 2006
    Atco,NJ
    being only 18 i understand why they did it. i talk to so many kids my age that have no idea what real life is like outside of tv computers and having fun. its good for us (kids) to understand what other people have to deal with. just my opinion

11. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I felt the same way about calculus... :Shocked: