1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Impala

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, Aug 1, 2009.

1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Another from Kid Deuce's wonderful images at Flickr...appreaciate me letting me use them Howard!!!

Hope you like

Best wishes

Ray

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009
  2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    I got it wrong...................

it's a Caddy

Ray

[​IMG]

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Could be a Ford Pinto Ray but it's still Awesome!

4. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Thanks Guys

just been told

IT IS A CHEVY....NUMBER 1 IS CORRECT!!!!

BEST WISHES

Ray

5. Ray,

It's a 1958 Chevy Impala...........I know because I wanted one so bad I could taste the hubcaps when I was a kid. But I ended up driving a 1952 Studebaker.............some trade, huh?:frown: Just a note.............................the insignia on the first image is of a 1960 Impala.

6. Nicely done and indeed a '58 Chevy. In 1958 Chevy went to larger cars and more chrome .... most hate the year.....like the Edsel and what they did to the Corvette.

Best,

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2009
  7. Just gorgeous!! I like Studebakers myself.

8. Not that it matters, but the Impala logo in the insignia is from a 1994 or later model, the car in the insignia is either a 63 or 64 Chevy and the Impala typeface is totally wrong. It would never be spelled with a lower case i - it should be either in script or all block caps.

Ray, anyway to tone down all that grass reflecting in all that chrome? Its not making it with the water puddle and blue backdrop.

9. Ronald M

Ronald M

Nov 10, 2008
    Chicago
    58 Chevy Impala with the 348 CID engine. Was available with tri power, ie 3 two barrel carbs with progressive linkage. The 348 was a truck engine and well constructed for heavy duty use unlike the junk they sell today.

10. Ah the Edsel! Take a relatively decent Ford or Merc and pile all manner of gingerbread and chrome on it and throw more advertising dollars at it than you spent on designing it and think that the public would actually buy it!

But then most of the cars from '58 - '60 were pretty much under engineered and over styled. Olds went from the beautiful and well designed 1957 models to the god awful over chromed monsters of 1958. It even had more chrome laid on it than a '58 Caddy! :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.