Impala

Another from Kid Deuce's wonderful images at Flickr...appreaciate me letting me use them Howard!!!

Hope you like

Best wishes

Ray

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it wrong...................

it's a Caddy

Ray

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Guys

just been told

IT IS A CHEVY....NUMBER 1 IS CORRECT!!!!

BEST WISHES

Ray

Ray,

It's a 1958 Chevy Impala...........I know because I wanted one so bad I could taste the hubcaps when I was a kid. But I ended up driving a 1952 Studebaker.............some trade, huh?:frown: Just a note.............................the insignia on the first image is of a 1960 Impala.

Nicely done and indeed a '58 Chevy. In 1958 Chevy went to larger cars and more chrome .... most hate the year.....like the Edsel and what they did to the Corvette.

Best,

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that it matters, but the Impala logo in the insignia is from a 1994 or later model, the car in the insignia is either a 63 or 64 Chevy and the Impala typeface is totally wrong. It would never be spelled with a lower case i - it should be either in script or all block caps.

Ray, anyway to tone down all that grass reflecting in all that chrome? Its not making it with the water puddle and blue backdrop.

58 Chevy Impala with the 348 CID engine. Was available with tri power, ie 3 two barrel carbs with progressive linkage. The 348 was a truck engine and well constructed for heavy duty use unlike the junk they sell today.

Nicely done and indeed a '58 Chevy. In 1958 Chevy went to larger cars and more chrome .... most hate the year.....like the Edsel and what they did to the Corvette.

Best,
Ah the Edsel! Take a relatively decent Ford or Merc and pile all manner of gingerbread and chrome on it and throw more advertising dollars at it than you spent on designing it and think that the public would actually buy it!

But then most of the cars from '58 - '60 were pretty much under engineered and over styled. Olds went from the beautiful and well designed 1957 models to the god awful over chromed monsters of 1958. It even had more chrome laid on it than a '58 Caddy! :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom