Impatient Hummingbird.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kramp, Jun 15, 2005.

1. I like this one because of the contortions they go through so both can feed at the same time, such amazing flyers.

[​IMG]

Martin

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow what a teriffic shot.

They are so pretty and colorful..

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Incredible shot Martin. I just don't understand how you get such quick little birdies in such sharp focus.

4. Wow, what a moment, great capture!

5. Hey Martin, that's a very unusual shot. They seem to fight more around the feeder than feed together. Good shot.
    Pete

6. Thanks all for the comments, my Hummingbirds wouldn't do this they fight too much, this is taken at a friends where they have a feeding frenzy about every five minutes, sometimes there is three birds on one spout, males side be side, they still fight and try to intimidate each other just not as aggressivly as I have seen elswhere.

Frank, for the focusing I try to guess where there going to be and press the shutter ahead of time, if you wait for them to be there then press they will be gone.

Martin

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Martin,

Which lens did you use for this shot?

8. I used the 70-300ED, its light weight and ability to quickly focus lock at its minimum focus distance make it ideal for these type of shots.

Martin

9. Martin

What a great shot.

The hummers around my house are constantly engaged in aerial combat with each other. There is no cooperation among them.

Russ

10. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Martin -- that's a great and very unusual shot! I've never seen two at the same spout before. Thanks for posting!