1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Important iPhone Update available now

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Clix Pix, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Everyone who has an iPhone....please pop into iTunes and update your iPhone sooner rather than later. This particular update is fixing a rather significant problem -- a hole in security -- that needs to be remedied quickly. This is 3.0.1, not the 3.1 update that people have been eagerly awaiting. We won't see that one for a little while yet, apparently.....

2. Gort

Gort

Mar 10, 2008
    Phoenix
    Good reminder. Thanks Connie.

3. dx379

dx379

Jul 9, 2008
    Tulsa, OK
    Thank you :) 

Speaking of which. Any word on the MMS availability?

Jonny

4. Lots of speculation but no definite word yet on MMS and tethering....AT&T talks about "late summer....." well, that could be anywhere from August 15th to mid-September! We'll get it when we get it, I guess....

I suspect, too, that the anticipated 3.1 iPhone update will also have something to do with this as well.

5. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Hmmm. Did a synch . . . no OS update.

6. It's in iTunes itself, and if there is no message you have to click on "check for Updates." The iPhone needs to be synched to the computer at the time.....

7. Did they ever fix the overheating issue in the new iPhones?

8. Don't know about that.....I think people who have been experiencing the overheating situation have simply taken their iPhone back to the Apple store (or to AT&T) and gotten a replacement. My feeling is that it really is not a widespread problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.