"Impressionist" Landscape Photo

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by tfenne, Jul 4, 2008.

1. tfenne

tfenne

Apr 10, 2008
    Cambridge, MA
    I took this on a recent vacation to Ireland. It was late in the evening and I was really just mucking around to see how far the VR on the 18-200 could go. Clearly this pushed it too far, but I actually kinda liked the result. Does it do anything for you, or does it just look like a blurry picture? I'd really like to hear opinions...

18-200VR @ 42mm, f/11 for 13s (handheld if that wasn't obvious)
    2616008910_60fea80693_b.jpg

2. Sorry Tim. It looks like a very blurry photo to me.

3. lmatney

lmatney

Oct 25, 2007
    Goodyear, AZ
    Hi Tim,

It is interesting, but too soft for my tastes.

I think I would have liked some detail in at least part of the picture. Thanks for sharing.

4. tim,
    i agree with the folks above

HOWEVER...
    with some more aggressive post-processing you might be able to make this image more interesting

5. tfenne

tfenne

Apr 10, 2008
    Cambridge, MA
    No worries! I'm glad to hear what you all think. Sometimes I think I spend too much time staring at a photo and lose objectivity :eek:. Cheers,

6. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Tim,

It doesn't do anything for me.......sorry. Looks like a photo gone bad.

7. I agree with Dez 100%... on the other hand, I've seen a lot worse hanging in galleries & museums.

8. Nice colours, now if you had something red - a person, a boat, the sun---that would hold the eye and add interest.

9. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Sorry, it just doesn't work. But don't be discouraged. Try something a llitle different, like zooming as you shoot.

10. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    I actually kinda like it! :tongue:

11. How about this?

Tim,

I hope you don't mind.. but I ran your picture though a few filters until something totally abstract came through that I thought looked interesting.,,

How about this?

[​IMG]

12. Holy ethereal impressionist! Now that has such an amazing dream-like, drugged, minds-eye quality. I like it!

13. I kind of like it too, its like a watercolour image.
    Hope to see some more from you!