Impressive from the 300 2.8

handheld @ 420mm ISO 800 on D2X. Of course, was at 4.0, not at 2.8 aperture.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Why handheld? I didn't have the RRS foot yet. Today I do have.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, I thought I'd got my 1.7 TC out, but had the 1.4 on instead. no matter for this one. Let's see what I can do tonight with the 1.7 if the moon cooperates. :)

But handheld, I was amazed frankly, I was just playing really I did try to steady myself with my arm leaned on a rail/roof thing of this shed I have, but still a lot of motion.

400 ISO 4.8 aperture, 500mm. I am not quite sure why the 1.7 does not produce 510mm on the 300. Not sure where the other 10mm went! (1.7 X 300)= 510. 1.7 TC of course.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very impressive Doug. After reading your post, I poked my head out of the window, saw the moon and grabbed my gear for a try.

thanks. For some reason, I picked up enough brightness on the moon that the shutter really wasn't open as long as one might think it would be! (shooting aperture priority)

Obviously, I was just playing, I really wasn't going for anything critical here, but the results were fairly amazing none the less.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom