In a Long Black Gown

dsc_0968.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

September, 2013, Houston, TX

From this batch of 10:
http://ronscubadiver.wordpress.com/2013/09/07/in-the-eye/

Cafe members, please observe this thread has won the coveted one star award from the same miserable excuse for a human being that keeps doing this disservice to all of you. The qualification for this special treatment is any photo containing a woman or women that looks like it could have been taken without the consent of the subject. Never mind that this might have been a set up. (I am not going to say, because that is not relevant.)

The objective of this sick individual is to haze, embarrass and annoy me in the hope that I somehow abandon this behavior that he deems to be wrong. If you don't want this sort of heckler's veto to ever restrict your right of expression, please post here and give this image a 5 star rating.

Cafe members, please observe this thread has won the coveted one star award from the same miserable excuse for a human being that keeps doing this disservice to all of you. The qualification for this special treatment is any photo containing a woman or women that looks like it could have been taken without the consent of the subject. Never mind that this might have been a set up. (I am not going to say, because that is not relevant.)

The objective of this sick individual is to haze, embarrass and annoy me in the hope that I somehow abandon this behavior that he deems to be wrong. If you don't want this sort of heckler's veto to ever restrict your right of expression, please post here and give this image a 5 star rating.

Ron, why even bring attention to it? This follows the same logic of when you leave the restroom with a small piece of toilet paper stuck to the bottom of your shoe. Most people won't notice it is even there, and the ones that do realize it will fall off in a few more steps anyway. And if you notice that piece of paper on your shoe, just brush it off and don't give it a second thought. It is only as annoying as you allow it to be.

As for the star system, I really never noticed it or even cared what it was for. Just post what makes you happy and don't worry about what others think.

BTW> Interesting shot. I like candid shots that doesn't reveal the subject's face keeping the mystery alive. Great shot.

I don't understand the star qualification system.All i noticed is that i see 4 stars while no one left a comment on your work in the first place.When lets say 100 or so members would explicitly like the picture i would understand;Now they pop up up like weed. Did you add them yourself? (Your pictures are most the time riddled with 5 stars)
Sorry to say,but for me this is something like we use to say in Holland "stick a feather in own a**".
For me personally its fine when someone finds himself really /extreme/super/outrageous (*) good,but i can understand that there are members who think else,and set you back on your feet by "stealing" your stars.Of course it would be polite when they did this with there name.
(*) pick one.
(sorry for the many edits..wrote it early in the morning when I'm not as sharp as i should be)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for looking Rob. Despite my departure from dpreview almost two years ago there are still a few idiots out there who feel compelled to harass me. Someone made an anonymous negative comment on Ming Thein's blog today, I have not seen anything like that in quite some time. Not only are these people mean, they are cowards.

Latest threads

Top Bottom