In A Quandry (Again) - Need Recommendations - UPDATE!!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
YAY!!!!!! It's HERE!!!!! OK, Lyndee, open the box, get the manual out and set it aside, then fish out the battery and start it charging (is an external charger provided or do you have to charge it in the camera?) and while the battery is charging, start reading the manual! If it is like my Sony, you may have to go online and download the complete manual as the printed version is very skimpy, more of a basic "getting-it-set-up" guide. In whichever form it comes, READ THE MANUAL!!!!! :)

One thing I have done for years when I've bought a new camera is to make the first photo I shoot with it a photo of the box. Don't ask me why, it's just something I've always done! LOL! Then I use another camera or my iPhone to take a photo of the new camera sitting near or on the box. Only after that do I get down to business and begin really playing with the new camera (and lens, if I've gotten a new one with it).....
The battery is in the charger and I can either use the external charger that was included, or I can charge in camera. Also, there a full manual in the box, too, all 170 pages of it. Right now, I'm on Page 2, LOL! :ROFLMAO:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Also, I just took a look at B&H to see what is included with the camera and I see that it does not come with an external battery charger.
Nope, it's got an external, and I'm using it to charge the battery as we speak. Maybe they decided to add the external, but forgot to change their webpage. :confused:

The external charger is listed on their web page about buying only the body; perhaps Connie overlooked it.
Ah..... Thanks, Mike! Actually, I only looked at the page which described the body-plus-the-24-200mm lens kit, since that is what Lyndee was buying -- I didn't check out the body-only listing. Well, this is excellent, having the external charger, as that is so much more convenient (IMHO) than leaving the battery in the camera, plugging the cable in and all that. I much prefer being able to charge a battery while already having installed a replacement in the camera, and definitely when going on a trip or even just around town locally where I'm planning to shoot, I like to have spare batteries all charged up and ready to pop into the camera as needed.

Anyway, so Lyndee, enjoy your new gear and we are all waiting with bated breath to see your first images with it!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
That's exactly why he said to breathe in, breathe out...slowly.
I did exactly what was suggested. Found my nice pair of wool socks, curled up on the couch, started breathing very slowly...and promptly fell asleep! 🤣

Just now woke up from my nap. The good news is that the battery is fully charged. The bad news is that now it’s pitch black outside so any photo taking will have to wait till tomorrow. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom