In Memorium 1915-2005

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Our dear mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, great grandmother, died peacefully last night at age 90. These are a few images I have taken in the last year and are presented as a memorium.

This is the last image taken at her 90 birthday party.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    So sorry for your loss, Gordon. I'm sure she had a wonderful life, and you will always keep her close to your hearts.

4. Very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the legacy she left behind.

5. my thoughts are with you and your family. She was a beautiful lady.
    Dave

6. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Gordon :

My heart goes out to you and your family. It's obvious that she was beloved and cherished.

John P.

7. I'm sorry for your loss...

My condolences on your loss. She was obviously a very wonderful person who meant a lot to you. Your photos have captured the bright soul of a great person.
    She will always live on in your heart and in your photos.

8. Gordon, I loved these images when you posted them earlier. What wonderful rememberance of this great lady you've created. I'm sure you'll treasure them for many years to come.

My condolences to you and your family.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Gordon,
    I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I know she was a dearly loved woman and will be missed. If we can do anything for you, please let us know.

With sympathy,

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hello Gordon,

Please accept my sincerest condolences for your loss. When you posted her image months ago, my initial impression was that she was a powerful, yet soft-spoken woman that was one of the pillars of the family. I remember that you said that aging had robbed her of memory but she remained a very loving person. It is very difficult to rationalize the passing of a loved one, but she will remain in your hearts forever and the beautiful images of her will bring back all of the good times. May she rest in peace................

11. Gordon, it's always sad to loose a dear person even if she reached the respectable age of 90. But it is comforting to know that she died peacefully.

My grandmother celebrated her 90th birthday just a month ago (she is also very dear to me) and knowing that one cannot live forever, I hope that she, too, will pass in peace when her time comes.

12. I am so sorry to read about your loss Gordon.
    You are very fortunate to have had her around for so many years
    Be sure to always remember her fondly. You will cherish the wonderful pictures you took of her.

13. Thanks to all of you for your kind sentiments. It made me feel better to post the images of my mother-in-law, plus I sent the URL to my family and close friends. This meant a lot to them. I'm sure your kind words added to that.

14. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    My sincere condolences Gordon.
    I was drawn back to the last photograph, where her eyes are extremely expressive.

15. Gordon,

Very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures !

16. Gordon
    So sorry on your loss looks like she had a fantastic time on this earth and while she will be missed she will never be forgotten

17. Gordon,

My sincere condolences to you and your family. What a beautiful and happy woman she seems. I will remember her and you all in my prayers. She is at rest and has gained salvation, I am certain. God bless and keep you.

Rich

18. Gordon;

Sorry to hear about your family's loss. It is a difficult time when a loved one is gone. What great memories you must have of the recent trip to Oregon. From the photos you have posted here and in your gallery you all must have had a wonderful time. Hope all goes well with the funeral.

19. Henk

Henk Guest

My condolences on your sad loss Gordon.
    All the best,

Henk

20. Gordon,
    Your photos are a wonderful memorial. Some years ago, I photographed an elderly man who I thought had an interesting face. I gave a copy to my mother. A couple of years later, the elderly man's daughter informed my mom that he had passed away. My mom gave her the photo, perhaps the last made of him. ........ It meant so much to her. I know your wonderful photos will be a much appreciated memorial. I know they touched me.
    God Bless,
    Muril