In Need Of A Haircut

Well I've been working remotely and not getting out but for necessities for six weeks now.
I am now if dire need of a haircut.
Probably should have had it cut before all this.
I was getting desperate and thinking about getting a "FlowBee"
Yeah, remember those from the 70's.
Well I did a little searching and most places that were selling them are out of stock.
Places I could find them were going from $130 - $150.
I just bring myself to paying that kind of price gouging price.
What alternatives have others been able to utilize?

Real Name
Aaron
I have cut my own hair for years, just use a #1 or #2 guard on clippers (always get the wife to look at the back to make sure I didn’t miss anything... Ha!). The style isn’t for everyone, but it’s only hair and it does grow back... ;)

As for other styles and methods, I can offer no advice other than it’s a lot harder than it looks to cut hair, much less cut your own.

My wife cut my hair. Happened just the other day. It was getting kind of long, getting in my way. I just decided to not let my freak flag fly... and today, I cut about 3 inches off my beard.

Nick, in the 80's when I worked for National Geographic they always made comments about how Alaskans were much more casual, and typically had big beards. I never fit in to the corporate crowd, but at least they liked my photographic skill and vision.....I feel lucky to have worked for them!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I cut my hair last week! Turned out well, thank goodness!

And the last time I got my nails done was late FEBRUARY before our trip to Tanzania!!!! A couple of weeks ago, I used the dremel we use to trim the dog's nails to shorten my nails, gave them a buff and put top coat on them!

Real Name
Don Roy
Let it grow. Buy a guitar. Learn rock. You can't always get what you want (say it again), but if you try some time, you just might find, you get what you need. ??

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I saw the Flowbee commercial on YouTube last week, LOL!! :ROFLMAO:

Thankfully, I just braid my hair, but I know you can't do that. I would take a scissor and a deep breath, and just do a trim to shorten it up a bit. It'll be alright... :)

Last year at the beginning of the baseball season, the Washington Nationals had never gone beyond the first round of the playoffs despite having played in them about four out of maybe the previous six years. Though my Nationals baseball cap had become soiled, I decided not to replace it until they got past that first round. I didn't care how long it would take for that to happen; I was going to continue wearing the soiled hat until it happened. The Nationals not only got past the first round of playoffs that year, they won the World Series.

Considering that my decision about the hat brought me good luck, once the virus crisis got to the point that I wouldn't be able to get a commercial hair cut, I decided to let my hair grow untouched until I can legally and safely get one. My only regret is that I didn't ask my wife to take a photo of me at the start of all this craziness so I would have before-and-after photos.

Last edited:
I'm not too thrilled about trying my self or have my wife try. With my luck it will come out disastrous and the Covid-19 will end at the same time and I will have to visit clients with a hack job. I guess I could wear a hat. Hmmmmm!

I will assume most of the guys and gals here, got the same expression from their partners when suggesting/asking they cut your hair. I should have had a camera in hand. My wife's expression was very similar to her first vegemite experience.

My wife's expression was very similar to her first vegemite experience.
Hey, whats wrong with Vegemite... LOL ;) Trouble with Americans is that they're too used to dipping a knife into a jar and pulling out half the contents to put on their toast. ? With Vegemite, it's the opposite, you should only just be able to see it lightly covering your toast, it's one of those items where less is better... ? And its great if you then grill cheese on top of it... ?
Anyway back to hair cutting, I just use a trimmer with a No 10 comb on it. Well I should say my wife uses it to cut my hair, and trim the back... ✂✂

Real Name
Dan
Hey, whats wrong with Vegemite...
You mean aside from the fact that it smells like something that came into the house on the bottom of a shoe? It has the same problem as most other things that I won't eat. It has to pass by my nose to get into my mouth. The one time that I did endure that it tasted similar to opening your mouth when swimming at the beach. I can get almost the same effect without the smell by sprinkling table salt on my toast. :rolleyes:

Latest threads

Top Bottom