In Praise of Nikon

Since I went digital 5 years ago .... I have clocked up a MASSIVE number of images and I'm pleased to report my gear has been 100% reliable .... Everything works as new and my D80 has 50,000 + actuations (D3 over half a million) . Cheers Nikon !!!

Wow, I should hope to get that much use out of my D200. Sounds like I need to get out more. A really nice setup you have, though :)

Kieron, I am in the same boat.. congrats! I started with Nikon digital at the end of '05. I have NEVER had a problem that wasn't user error... only recently has my D70s started showing signs of card error due to the card becoming too loose in the slot... fortunately, my main camera is now a D2X, ironically, another 5+ yr. old camera still ticking away! :smile: I sure do love Nikon!

D2X ... I had a D2H ... loved it ... It was the best ... if only the MP were better. At ISO 200 I reckon the D2 is best...its only high ISO where later models shine ...

Since I went digital 5 years ago .... I have clocked up a MASSIVE number of images and I'm pleased to report my gear has been 100% reliable .... Everything works as new and my D80 has 50,000 + actuations (D3 over half a million) . Cheers Nikon !!!

Reliability has been one of the reasons so many professionals have embraced Nikon cameras and lenses. You are certainly getting high mileage out of your present bodies!
I still use a Nikon F from 1963 that I bought in Spain. The camera NEVER has required service and it still performs beautifully in spite of its age. I have lenses I bought in the 60's, 70's and 80's that are still working as new. Never an issue with them either.
I like to have my cameras checked every 3 years or so. None of them ever required adjustments (I am addressing digital only) and the film cameras I owned over the years only saw the technician for metering adjustment.
I agree with you, Nikon is synonymous with reliability.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Cheers!!! D90 still going strong after 2-3 seasons' of football, swim class, and girls volleyball!

I've got a D50 that turns 6 years this summer. It no longer is my main camera but it still works and never had a problem with it! Ha, sometimes you want these to break down otherwise there is not enough reason to get a new one :)))

Since 2002

In digital, I started with a D1X and a D1H followed by a D2H and a D2X followed by a D3 and a D3S. Didn't wear any of them out. Had several Nikon film cameras before them. Solid equipment.

I agree. I Started with Nikon, switched to Canon and then back to Nikon. Couldn't forget the great experience I had with my late D300 that I got a D40 to get the flavor again. Now to upgrade just have to decide to which Nikon first. Of course will keep my D40.

many moons ago, when the F5 was KING....... i took my F5 in for a service, they plugged it in and told me: "that shutter should have blown some 200,000 frames ago......."

still got that F5. it's still got it's original shutter.

my D700 is up to well over 500,000 frames.

D200 and D300 going strong since they were first introduced. Never had a problem! Next one is a D3x.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom