In PS how do you get a signiture on your pictures?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Brew, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Brew

Brew Guest

I see some great pictures on this site and most have names and some dates on them.

How do you do that?? :oops:

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    For the big, fancy-schmancy thing at the bottom, look for a script called 'Print Exif". For just a name or title or copyright notice, just use Photoshop's type tool and type one in, then move it to the location of your choice.

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I created a brush preset. Then when I add my signature I create a new layer. Select that brush, size, and color. One click and it is there. Then I use blending options to tweak it.

Here is a tutorial on how to do it.

Hope this helps.

4. Brew

Brew Guest

Thanks for the tips and link gentlemen, that's a big help... :D

5. Hey, cwilt...

I'm trying to learn a modicum of basic posting HTML.

Where is a tutorial on how to make a click-able link like you did with your "Here is a tutorial on how to do it." that you used above.

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    If you are looking for a simple photoshop action try this.

Creating a copyright Action in PhotoShop

1. Click "Create New Set" in the Action panel

2. Name the action: Copyrights

3. Click "Create New Action"

4. Name this according to the photographer and what color text you are using i.e. Jan A. Allinder [white]

5. Open the image

6. Verify the image is rotated properly and is the correct image size.

7. Start Recording your Action

8. Select the Text tool, font, font size & font color (in this example - white)

9. Click anywhere on the image and enter your copyright

(Copyright Symbol: PC Users - ALT+0169 -> use numeric keypad; MAC Users - OPTION + G) i.e. © Jan A. Allinder

10. Choose Select > All

11. Choose Layer > Align to Selection > Bottom Edges

12. Choose Layer > Align to Selection > Right Edges

13. Choose Select > Deselect

14. Select the Move tool (Make sure the Type layer is selected)

15. Holding down the Shift key and using the arrow buttons, click on the Left arrow twice and the Up arrow twice

16. Depending upon how you would like to save your image...

• If you would like to save the image with layers, chose File>Save & click save. This will save your image as a PhotoShop (PSD) image in the same directory as the original image

• If you would like to save your image as a JPG image, chose Layer>Flatten Image and then choose File>Save. NOTE: This will overwrite your original JPG image

• If you would like to save your image for the web, chose File>Save for Web. NOTE: With this option, when you run in batch mode, you'll be prompted to enter a file name for each and every image

17. Stop Recording your Action.