In Search of the Perfect Poppy

California poppies have such intense color. It's often hard to get a good exposure. This one, which I call" unfurled", comes pretty close to being a perfect poppy.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I also liked this one of the Cape Weed flower. Yes, it grows like a weed. and gets pretty natty after a while. That's why I call this image in "random" order".

We are also having an influx of butterflies of this variety.

All were taken with the 70-200 VR.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

beaucamera said:
California poppies have such intense color. It's often hard to get a good exposure.
Virginia, these are all great shots, but you're right... I little bit saturated in color and strong on light...
Try to shoot them at shadow and not direct sunlight! :wink:
I mostly find myself shoot at direct sunlight -which is more than plenty over here- but have started to look for shadows -or late light- for my close-ups. 8)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Iris in the Shade.

Well, Panos, here is another I did today. This one was difficult too, but it was in the shade.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Re: Iris in the Shade.

beaucamera said:
Well, Panos, here is another I did today. This one was difficult too, but it was in the shade.
Wow!!! :shock: far out, totally diferent color saturation and detail! 8)
I like that, don't you? :wink:

The blue flower is my favorite.. very nice and now I'll look for shade and shadows with macros this coming summer.

Do you ever use a ring flash?

I go to northern Michigan in the summer and there are beautiful flower farms there. I will go and get ten days worth of macro flower shots. It helps me to see as many as I can now and to learn from the posts on this forum.

Very nice shots and know you enjoyed doing them. Did you use the Canon D500 closeup lens on the 70-200VR lens? Just curious about how you got the closeups..

Thanks and best to you,

Gaye

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom