In that alley.

During my visit to Montreal I found this alley and the stairs immediately caught my attention. I thought it would make a good b&w conversion so
I shot it with a pleasant to me visual design and put it trough Topaz B&W Effects adding at the end a small amount of softening.
This was the result.

DSC_6909_bampw_zps6646bad1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D300 in the manual mode, ISO 200. Matrix metering.
18-70 kit lens
Manfrotto tripod with Linhof ballhead.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice work!

A great example of the power of pre-visualization. I really like the tonal range you captured and the excellent processing.

Nice composition William. Looks good in b&w. Infact, I too started working with Topaz B&W Effects, which I find very fascinating to work with.

I want to thank you every one for your kind comments.
I was very skeptical of digital b&w conversions back in 2001 when we were using from desaturation to other methods trying to make a good b&w file. I have been working with the optical darkroom for too many years and I could not accept the tonalities offered by the digital conversions. I neglected my b&w work and I admit it was a disaster for me.
When I began to work with B&W Effects I was kind of lost. It took me some time to get the "feeling" of working with b&w images. I had lots of help from other photographers working with b&w and from Topaz through their tutorials. Today I feel very confident using conversions and I have seen my work improved.
I do not print at home, especially b&w images. I take the files to a professional lab and it is amazing what they can do. Unquestionably, the software is of great help.
Once again, thank you for your comments.

William.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom