In the Desert

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JamesMor, Apr 5, 2007.

1. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    I was out at a model shoot with the Digital Wedding Forum's convention while in Las Vegas. While there I had some free time to shoot around with my wife. This is a site that we came upon while in the desert.

James

_MG_8574_w.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Now that is amazing:>))))

3. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Makes a statement about Mans impact on nature .

what to do with all the old monitors & TVS that are people are getting rid of as they upgrade.

I dont think leaving them in the desert is the solution.

4. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey Biggs,

I agree. I was really baffled to see it out there in the middle of the desert. I would love to figure out exactly how it got there as there was nothing else out there that I could see...absolutely nothing. The shot lent a very surreal perspective to me.

This weekend, I am going to play with it a little bit and see if I cannot enhance the colors a bit. I just have not had time yet to really play - but I think the composition/subject matter is very interesting.

James

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Yeah ,I can see potential there. I couldnt tell ya how to do it ,but I can see it in my mind.

A light area around the Tv ,bumped up color saturation alittle & darkened area behind the tv & work the clouds . Could be cool.

6. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    I am thinking about using Roman Johnston's method for HDR images on it so I can bump up my shadow and midtones without losing sky saturation. This is what happened when I did a quick curves on it earlier.

James

7. Mr. Morrissey, all I see is a little red X :(