In the Evening Shadows

I composed this buck on a new background which was a composite of many layers, including the top of my husband's head!

Don't let the title fool you, though, the photo of the buck was actually taken early this morning.

Hope you like the result.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

79458714.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi Virginia

This is very nice - I really like the composition - it works very well....

Best wishes

Ray

I think it's beautiful!

Can I make a suggestion? I don't know if it would make it better or not, but the grass seems almost too "real" in the context of this dreamy picture - maybe blend it into the background a bit, or distort it or something?

Either way, very interesting.

DAB

Thanks, Ray, Gale, Mike and Dab.

Dab, I especially want to thank you for your suggestion.
I'm not sure this is what you had in mind, but I tried another version darkening the grasses in the foreground.

This brings out better contrast but doesn't really do what you suggested. Instead, at least to me, I makes the foreground more dramatic, almost 3D, and makes the subject almost leap out of the foreground.

I'd love to know what you think of my revision.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

79480905.jpg

Virginia, I have no idea what in this pic could resemble your husband's head :smile:, but I like it a lot.

Cheers

Thanks, Harry

I'm sure he'd be happy to know you couldn't find any evidence of "his parting ways"! I just used the image for texture. It's amazing what you can do modifying layers with different blending and opacity.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

I like everything about this picture Virginia except for the umbrella looking thing to the right of the deer. To me this is distracting. Were it a moon looking image it would be fine IMO.

Third Version

I like everything about this picture Virginia except for the umbrella looking thing to the right of the deer. To me this is distracting. Were it a moon looking image it would be fine IMO.

Thanks for the suggestion, Gordon. I thought I'd try a third version removing the object I created with Tammy's kaleidescope action. In this version I also made a lighting changes using the PS two o'clock spot filter.

Is this better?

Virginia
aka beaucamera

79507755.jpg

Virginia - it wasn't really what I was suggesting, but I do like the contrast change you used.

Also, different strokes for different folks, but IMO the umbrella adds to the "dreaminess" of the picture.

DAB

Virginia - it wasn't really what I was suggesting, but I do like the contrast change you used.

Also, different strokes for different folks, but IMO the umbrella adds to the "dreaminess" of the picture.

DAB

Thanks for your input, Dab.
Altering versions was a good learning experience for me.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I find it hard to put back and know when to do more and when to step back and do less. I'm sure writers must go through the same thing trying to determine when they've said enough to make a point.

I value your contributions and suggestions.
Many thanks!

:smile::smile::smile:

Virginia
aka beaucamera

Latest threads

Top Bottom