In the evening sun

Blue-Tailed Damselfly (Ischnura elegans)

adiag5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

adiag6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Beautiful shots. I have not seen any of these yet. I guess you're a little ahead of us.

Great work Jan.
I have a few questions.
Are these all recent shots,or a collection from the past years?
Are they made handheld,or are you carrying a tripod and lots of other stuff with you?
I know where to find Brugge .Are you going to the dunes or to the forrest to find this damsels?
It takes me some 15 minutes on average to find and shoot a damsel or butterfly.Pick a place where i know they usualy are.Sit stil watching for flying damsels,See where they land.Aprouch them so that they cant see my shadow or hear feel me.And then the shot.Sometimes plenty of time.Or just enough time for one shot.
PLEASE tell me your secret...

Great work Jan.
I have a few questions.
Are these all recent shots,or a collection from the past years?
Are they made handheld,or are you carrying a tripod and lots of other stuff with you?
I know where to find Brugge .Are you going to the dunes or to the forrest to find this damsels?
It takes me some 15 minutes on average to find and shoot a damsel or butterfly.Pick a place where i know they usualy are.Sit stil watching for flying damsels,See where they land.Aprouch them so that they cant see my shadow or hear feel me.And then the shot.Sometimes plenty of time.Or just enough time for one shot.
PLEASE tell me your secret...

Thanks everybody

I have no special secret you know.

All damsel pics are made in my garden and usually I post them the same day that they are made. So all pics are recent.
It takes me 30 seconds to reach the damsel spot, it's my garden pond. Sometimes I work on tripod, but most of them are made on a beanbag. This is more flexibel.

Latest threads

Top Bottom