In the Phoenix Area

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Desert Rat, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Hi all,

I will be in the Phoenix area for the week of Christmas and New years..

Any of you Nikon Arizonians interested in getting together and shooting somewhere?

I used to live out there so i know some of the spots...

interested in the

Wildlife World Zoo for Ducks?
    Desert Museum in Tucson for anything?
    A place I know of for Water fowl and Burrowing owls?

let me know

2. not sure anyone saw this from AZ.. I will be ther from December 24- January 2...

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    chris101 lives in that area. You might PM him, I hear he is a riot!

4. Chris is a great guy. We didnt get to shoot much other than b.s., but the limited time I had with him was fun. PM him, he is a riot....

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Riot, eh?

Hey Eric, the world wild life zoo moved to Camp Verde, and I don't think they're open yet, but there are a ga-zillion places to shoot around here. If you're into bugs, my back yard is good, there's ducks at all the subdivisions with ponds and wild animals in the desert. One of my favorite afternoon trips is to Superstition Park about 40 miles east of Phoenix, another is Seven Springs about the same distance north.

The Desert Museum in Tucson is probably the best run zoo in America, and I'll usually dditch work (especially during the holidays) to go there. And I've had some especially good luck with birds of prey (vultures) in the newly restored Salt River bottom near Central Avenue.

Oh, and I saw your post about Cibola too. I drive right by there a few times a year. It might be a blast to stop there one of these times.

PM me and let me know your schedule. Another member here, Yokimbo, is setting up an Arizona get-together. Perhaps we could time it to coincide with your visit!