1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

In the spirit of f/8 and be there . . .Himalayas

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Mr. Graceful, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Himalayas . . . Trekking . . . The bucket list is on!

Some things have happened in my life that have made me realize it's time to start crossing things off the list. I've always wanted to see the Himalaya. I've decided I want to see them while I'm still young and strong enough to walk through them. That means NOW!

I'm probably going to go to Nepal, but Bhutan and Tibet are calling as well. Perhaps I'll hit both. I'm thinking of doing an Everest Base Camp Guesthouse Trek with Ace The Himalaya. It's a 16 day trek and everything is planned out and arranged, which is both good and bad. I'm thinking this will be in the Spring of 2014, but there's a slight chance it would be this fall (October-November).

Has anyone ever been? What must I do (and NOT do)?

I've heard that the Gokyo valley is not to be missed. Any suggestions other than "start your cardio regimen NOW?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.