In this sports section..

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    I feel like a little kid getting to hang around with his big brother and the older guys. IOW, I'm not in the same league as most of the shooters here. But I get to tell folks...Yeah..I hang out with the sports shooters over at Nikon Cafe.:smile:
    Seriously, I look forward to seeing fantastic examples of sports shots every day, and I've yet to be disappointed. You guys have set the bar high.:smile:

2. cbclark64

cbclark64

Feb 20, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    I hear ya, Jeff. There's many people here who, when I see their new posts, I always view the images. They capture the action with the lens and really make it shine in PP.

Chris

3. Jeff,

I am in the exact same boat! I haven’t been as active since football season ended, and baseball really isn’t my thing. However, since I started shooting some softball just looking at the work here with baseball and softball as once again helped me quite a bit. There are some great photographers and even greater people here, for sure.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Interesting thoughts Jeff. One very obvious thought should come to all of our minds and that it that we can all achieve our sports action photography goals. Sure, much of our success is greatly dependant on the capabilities of our camera bodies and lenses plus proper access to the playing field, but it should be quite obvious that our goals can be realized if we apply ourselves as best as we can. We need to get out with consistancy, we need to fully understand what is needed so we can set our camera settings properly, we need to dig deep within ourselves to capture the action as it happens through un-ending attention to the game that we are shooting....and we need to do this day after day after day. The day that I brought home the image of the high school baseball player with the ball seemingly wrapped around his bat...I knew that all things were possible. We can do this, this sports action photography and we can do it really good. The only thing holding us back is ourselves....let today be the day that changes how we approach a shooting situation. Let today be the day that you become "one" with your gear. Let today be the day that you realize that, "yes, I am a sports action photographer".

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Frank..you make some good points. To me the strongest points are skill development and consistency. Right now, almost anyone can make a great shot every now and then. When I can consistently deliver good shot after good shot, as many guys here do, I will feel like I'm getting closer to my goal.
    I'm just glad I get to hang around here. The stuff I see posted here is really, I mean *really* good. I get inspired.
    I won't name names, but there are some folks, that whenever I see a new post by them, I click on right away. Can't wait to see their images.
    The other part is, not only are these folks really talented, everyone I've asked has been very willing to help me and give advice. I really appreciate that.