Inca Terns

I went to the Brookfield Zoo this morning and came across this very playful bird. He seemed as fascinated with me as I was with him. He loved to dive into the water and splash all around...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for checking him out!

Unusual bird for sure, but too much jpg compression

I'd love to see this shot w/o so much jpg compression, Frank. It's 800 wide, but only 30k. That's a highly-compressed pic. Something on the order of 125-150k is about right for this one. It's missing some critical feather details. You know, it's beak does look like a Cayenne Pepper!

Frank,

that is one really neat bird. Nice find and good image. I like him, Pepper nose and all :>)))

Steve...is there another way for me to post without the compression? Until I joined this forum, I have never posted an image before. Is there something that I did wrong or is the compression just the way it goes?

Here's another view of the Inca Terns...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great question Gordon...so I googled it and here's what they said,
"Biologists have found a relationship between the quality of this ornament and the tern's physical condition and reproductive performance." Hmmm, I guess you learn something new everyday. :roll:

Great pictures. I've never seen this species before.

So, if the beak looks like a pepper, and the bird sneezes, then would have "pepper spray" :D

Frank, 2nd shot's better,what editing program are you using?

eng45ine said:
Steve...is there another way for me to post without the compression? Until I joined this forum, I have never posted an image before. Is there something that I did wrong or is the compression just the way it goes?
Very cool looking bird you've captured there!
In PS, when doing a "Save As" it lets you set the compression level when saving it. I try to never go below quality level 7-Medium, and always prefer to save it at 9-High. If you're doing a "Save For Web, then just be mindful of how much you slide that slider. Also, always post your original upload.

Hi Frank........

that is a 8) pic Frank, very unusual. A Lanny McDonald Bird. :lol:
Great capture, learnt something new today!!!

great job
Keith

Steve...thanks for the tips...this digital stuff is very new to me. I will use the information that you gave me and hopefully better results will happen. Thanks very much for helping.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom