Indian Peaks Wilderness -- Isabelle Glacier Trail

I received a new lens on Friday, so yesterday I headed up into the high country to test it out. The two lenses used were the Samyang 14mm F2,8 and Samyang 35mm F1.4. For those who haven't heard about them, they are two of the BEST lenses I have used for the money spent, bar-none. $339 for the 14mm and $379 (on sale at the time) for the 35mm. These are fully manual lenses, so that might be a negative for some, but not for me, I prefer it.

Anyway on to the photos. These were taken in the Indian Peaks Wilderness, mostly along the Isabelle Glacier trail. This is an absolutely beautiful place for a hike, and not too bad an area to test out lenses :D

21-July-2013-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

21-July-2013-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

21-July-2013-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

21-July-2013-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

21-July-2013-5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

21-July-2013-6 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

21-July-2013-7 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

21-July-2013-8 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can a fat, out of shape photog get to those places?:biggrin:
It is a relatively easy trail to get to Isabelle Lake, only 4 miles round trip and relatively flat. Getting to the glacier adds a few miles and some rock scrambles and elevation. Long lake is only 1/4 mile from the trailhead.

So, you really don't need to be in the best shape for where most of these shots were taken. I do recommend getting acclimated first though (spend a couple of days in the ~5,000 ft elevation and drink LOTS of water).

It is a relatively easy trail to get to Isabelle Lake, only 4 miles round trip and relatively flat. Getting to the glacier adds a few miles and some rock scrambles and elevation. Long lake is only 1/4 mile from the trailhead.

So, you really don't need to be in the best shape for where most of these shots were taken. I do recommend getting acclimated first though (spend a couple of days in the ~5,000 ft elevation and drink LOTS of water).
Thats great. Im looking to be out there September 14th thru the 20th.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats great. Im looking to be out there September 14th thru the 20th.
PRIME time for some high country fall foliage. You should have some awesome photo opportunities then. It is also around the start of the rutt, so you should be able to get some nice elk shots as well, if you like wildlife photography.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom