Critique Indiana Statehouse

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
We visited the Indiana Statehouse in late May. Due to COVID, the Senate, House, Supreme Court and Law Library were closed to the public (although some were viewable through very reflective pieces of glass :() However, they allowed me to enter and spend as much time as I wanted in the Governor's office. Try to understand that logic! :rolleyes:

Anyway, here are some of my images....

#1 The building in early morning shadows backlit by a bright sky
_85A9194-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_85A9257_63_HDR-X3.jpg

_85A9278_83HDR-X3.jpg

#4 The dome
_85A9208_HDR-X3.jpg

#5 Dome close up
_85A9202_07HDR-X3.jpg

_85A9215_HDR-X3.jpg

#7-9 The Governor's office. Very large rectancgular room with beautiful, but high, ceiling. UGH! I really struggled trying to photograph it! :oops:
_85A9229_HDR_corrected-X3.jpg

_85A9243_48HDR-X3.jpg

_85A9249_56HDR-X3.jpg

Attachments

• _85A9202_07HDR-X3.jpg
    _85A9202_07HDR-X3.jpg
    651.3 KB · Views: 62
  • _85A9243_48HDR-X3.jpg
    _85A9243_48HDR-X3.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 63
  • _85A9249_56HDR-X3.jpg
    _85A9249_56HDR-X3.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 58
Very nice set...

Rotunda ceilings can be very challenging to align...these are excellent. Before the D850, I used to get a very sore neck trying to get under the viewfinder to align the frame...and there was always something off. Now, I sit comfortably next to the camera while viewing the rear LCD and line everything up much easier (both with the D850 and the Z7ii).

I've visited that Capitol three times now. As I travel, I find myself revisiting several of them. I'll be revisiting five of them next month. Some of them have been renovated since my last visit. I'm very much looking forward to Cheyenne. Wyoming was one of my first capitols and I don't have many good images from there. I've been to Helena twice now---but that building has also been renovated since my last visit. And, South Dakota was one of my first capitols--so I am hoping to improve my collection of photographs from Pierre.

Glenn

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Very nice set...

Rotunda ceiling can be very challenging to align...these are excellent. Before the D850, I used to get a very sore neck trying to get under the viewfinder to align the frame...and there was always something off. Now, I sit comfortably next to the camera while viewing the rear LCD and line everything up much easier (both with the D850 and the Z7ii).

I've visited that Capitol three times now. As I travel, I find myself revisiting several of them. I'll be revisiting five of them next month. Some of them have been renovated since my last visit. I'm very much looking forward to Cheyenne. Wyoming was one of my first capitols and I don't have many good images from there. I've been to Helena twice now---but that building has also been renovated since my last visit. And, South Dakota was one of my first capitols--so I am hoping to improve my collection of photographs from Pierre.

Glenn
Thanks, Glenn. I was really, really nervous trying to photograph the Governor's office! Below the rotunda were about 30 chairs! I managed to put my tripod in the center and moving the chairs just a little. I just didn't bother trying to photograph the chambers here through the glass because the glass was about 6 feet in front of the entrance! So you could only see a small part of the chambers....

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Very nice set...

Rotunda ceiling can be very challenging to align...these are excellent. Before the D850, I used to get a very sore neck trying to get under the viewfinder to align the frame...and there was always something off. Now, I sit comfortably next to the camera while viewing the rear LCD and line everything up much easier (both with the D850 and the Z7ii).

Glenn
We visited 5 capitols on our last trip....2 were repeats. AND - we were very close to a sixth capitol, the Wyoming capitol....but I didn't realize it when making our travel plans! UGH!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Gorgeous set, Karen!
So appreciate the comment, Mike!
Very impressive (y)
Thanks!
Really impressive! Thanks for posting.
Appreciate your looking and commenting, Heiko!
These are very impressive as is the capitol building! Such a grand building you have shared with us.
Thanks, John! I actually struggled photographically at the Indiana Statehouse. But I love a challenge! LOL!
Great shots, been by there many times but never seen the inside.
I've found the State Capitols well worth the time to visit them. Having said that, I've yet to visit Tn's capitol in Nashville! :oops:

Latest threads

Top Bottom