1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Indianapolis, In

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by waltny, Jul 22, 2008.

1. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Im in Indy on business and should be able to get out and do some walking downtown on Saturday(then again than next Thurs). Aside from the Soldiers/Salior monument what else are must haves? If you were walking where would you start and base yourself from? Ive be carrying a nikkor 10.5/2.8 fisheye, tokina 12-24/4 nikkor 50/1.8 (35/2 possibly).

2. This is probably somewhat off the beaten path and out of the blue - but in downtown there is a Masonic temple type thing. You go in during certain times and they'll give you a tour and let you take pics. Some of the indoor architecture and whatnot is photo-worthy if you ask me. If you do that - make sure you bring the fast primes...

Now this isn't some absolute must-do, but when I was in Indy - there wasn't more than a couple things I wanted see anyways - so this became a good idea of something decent to fill the time. I thought it was a cool place for sure - but I wouldn't say its for everyone since it is, afterall, akin to walking thru a beautifully built museum without artifacts.

Wouldnt take more than 45mins

3. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    I saw that masonic temple off the way from the war memorial blocks today when I was down there. Im probally going to do an all dayer on Saturday and try to hit the temple up then. I just completed the deal on the 35/2 and should have it by then. I found the 50/1.8 to be a tad long in places and just right in others so I know when Ill be slapping that 35 on. IM going to post a few in my July one prime challenge thread found in my sig block. Thanks for the heads up, it could take a few weeks to REALLY shoot that whole downtown area!

4. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Almost forgot....

Im going to hit up the river walk too.

5. waltny

waltny

Mar 27, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Well...

I had a pretty good time photography wise there in Indianapolis while I was there. Here is a decent sampling of what I got. All night and low light shots are handheld or proped on something as I left my tripod at home...
    Some dont have alot of PP done to them, just raw>jpeg conversion. Some are posted in other threads, but here they are all together.
    C&C welcome.

indynight001.

indynight003.

indynight005.

indynight006.

indynight012.

indynight011.

indynight013.

flageagle.

thear.

_DSC2424.

_DSC2428.

_DSC2430.

_DSC2439.

_DSC2512.

_DSC2447.

eagle-1.

sidebench.

staircopy1.

emptymeter.

_DSC1235copy.

_DSC1246copy.

_DSC1316copy.

_DSC1257copy.

_DSC2514.

_DSC13351.

_DSC1336copy.

6. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Thanks for taking me to Indianapolis, beautiful images!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.