Indigo bunting

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bob Coutant, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I originally started out to experiment with an idea I’d had, and I was totally unprepared when this blue bunting jumped up on a tree in front of me. [The beak doesn’t look quite “finchy” enough, but what else could it be.] It stayed there just long enough for me to get one quick shot without changing the camera settings. It’s soft, but then what could I hope for handheld at 300 mm and 1/80 sec. I average seeing only one of these per year, and have never captured one in my camera – I felt pretty lucky.

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Soft or not, still a neat capture Bob. That bird has a beautiful color. Since frequenting the "birds and animals" forum, I am amazed at the different bird species that folks are capturing. Some wonderful creatures out there.

3. Bob
    That bird is high on my list of want ot captures. They are rarely still enuf to get set up on. They frequent farm edges and wood plots this time of year and with everything greened out they are very hard to get. Thanks for sharing this.

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Thanks Frank.
    Dave: We see them just often enough to know they're out there, somewhere. I could have used that 70-200VR of yours. (I have plenty of excuses.) I went back to the same area today and my only shot was a baby groundhog -- not nearly as rare or interesting.