Indonesian Marine delagation

Discussion in 'People' started by vincebeus, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Today there where some high ranked Indonesian Marine people to clinch a deal to buy some new marine boats for Indonesia. There was also a Indonesian big band playing music and giving a nice show. I hope you like the photo's any remarks, comments or critiques are welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the rest of the photo's:
    http://home.planet.nl/~beuse228/d2x/Indo/index.html

2. Nice clear, colorful shots. Well done Vince.

3. My favorites are the ones of the band...their uniforms are so vibrant! Is that a walrus costume?? Very interesting!

4. Thanks Greyflash,

I had a nice day shooting these shots. Some press photographers where shooting photo's of me. And a indonesian camera crew filmed me while i was shooting photo's. I was the only photographer with a Nikon D2X. But the biggest surprise was that all photographers with DSLR camera's where Nikon users.

Normally i would see photographers with Canon camera's but not even one. There where about 25 photographers around me. And the fun thing is the allways assume i am press photographer when i use my D2X. They also think that i am press photographer with my D70 but then i must put on a big lens like the 80-200mm AF-S or the 70-200mm VR.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

5. Yes it is as far as i know. I found it so funny. One had a shark head and there was a pirate and a sort of seal head. Is funny to see them in some sort of combat suit with the green and black camouflage and then wearing a Walrus head.

I was happy nobody had no crocodile head on him because then i would expect that Steve Irvin would jump on him.

But they really did a nice show and give good drum show. And it is nice to shoot photo's of people in uniform with these colors.

And i finally got some new WB lids from pringle chips. Because i lost my last one. So no i had luck one store had 3 of them lids that are perfectly for white balance metering. The other Pringle lids are totally transparant because of the Star Wars logo on the pringles lids.

So i could finally use proper WB metering. And a expodisc costs 150 dollars while a pringle lid cost only 1 euro for me because i don't like that chips haha.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Really fantastic images. Clarity and color is great. Good portrait shots as well as all the others.

Good work.

7. I found out why they where really here. In my home town is small sail. About 60 or more ships will come these days for the coast and in the harbours.

This is the biggest ship that will come this year and haves a drum band. I hope to show the ship this week to if i can find it haha.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus