1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Indoor Car Show

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Minuteman3, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:26 PM.

1. I'm heading up to the Seattle International Car Show tomorrow. It's an indoor show and nowhere near the scale of the "big" shows. One of the reasons I'm going is to have a look and a test drive of the new Ford Ranger. We love our F-150, but there have been times my wife and I have discussed that, as empty nesters, the Ranger size might be more appropriate for us! I see this as a low pressure way to learn a bit about the Ranger.

I'll be shooting some pictures, and I have been debating the choice of lens between the 17-40 or my "normal" 24-105. Both are f4. I'm not looking for "star quality" shots, but would like to get some nice pix if I can muscle may way in somewhere. I'm thinking of shooting manual, 1/100 or 1/125, f5.6 or f8 and just go Auto ISO. My camera seems pretty clear up to ISO 12800 so I'm not too worried about the IQ at higher ISO's!!

Anyone have a strong opinion on which lens would be better?

Thanks in advance ...

Ken

2. The 17-40. I've gone to the New England Auto pretty much every year for ... 35 years? And a few years ago I went to the NYC show. With the crowds, wide to normal is best. You have to get up close unless you're looking to take pictures of people's backs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks!! I was leaning that direction as well.

Cheers!!

Ken

4. A couple from the NYC show:

2015 car show NYC - BlueberryPhoto

_4090020.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    _4090026.jpg
    _4090230.jpg
    _4090241.jpg
    _4090251.jpg
    _4090276.jpg

5. super

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. Much better than what I got ... however, as you can see from the overview shots, the show itself was a LOT smaller!!

Auto Show-50.jpg

Auto Show-44.jpg

Auto Show-41.jpg

Auto Show-54.jpg

One of my personal favorites ...

Auto Show-84.jpg

Auto Show-32.jpg

However, the main reason I went to the show ...

7. ... was to have a look, and even a quick test drive of the new Ford Ranger. For its size, it's quite impressive.

Auto Show-25.jpg

Auto Show-63.jpg

Auto Show-61.jpg

This would make nice contender for my wife and I, but the Ford guy who was with me confirmed that the gas mileage is not much better then I am getting in my full size F-150. Good thing I have a couple of years before we get serious about this choice!!

Ken

8. Looks like that show is about the size of the New England "International" Auto Show. The New York show was great and also real crazy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.