Indoor Field Hockey

Shot an indoor field hockey game today let me tell you this place was dark as a dungeon.
Shot ISO 1600 @ 2.8 with the 70-200VR om a monopod the fastest shutter speed I could muster was 1/180s.
I ran these through Neat Image plug in as part of PP work flow.
I was approached by several parents wanting to know if I sell the prints, I told them I would let them know after checking my results. Here are a few of todays shots.
Can you say ouch!
40713168.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Battling for the ball
View attachment 6169
Reachign for the ball
View attachment 6170
Striking the ball
View attachment 6171

Oooooooo.....the dreaded red X. I think I will rename the dreaded red X to...................the dreaded red PBASE X. That is a real problem that needs to be addressed!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

Mike ,

Good shots.

If you PSCS you can run them through shadow/highlights and bring them right up.

Cheers
Gale

Mike,

Excellent action shots. I just can't believe that they aren't wearing face masks. Look like a good way to loose teeth.... :?

Regards,

Frank

Gale said:
Mike ,

Good shots.

If you PSCS you can run them through shadow/highlights and bring them right up.

Cheers
Gale
Gale thanks will give that a whilr this place is so dark cant get high enough shutter to stop the action

Flew said:
Mike,

Excellent action shots. I just can't believe that they aren't wearing face masks. Look like a good way to loose teeth.... :?

Regards,

Frank
Frank
the rules keep the ball on the ground they where these over sized mouthgaurds, it was so hard to get a decent shot it was so dark in there and at ISO1600 I got 180's so the shots are dark but any +Ev would make the shutter speed even lower

Nice shots Mike, although I agree they could use a bit of PS work to brighten 'em up a bit. I played field hockey as a kid. It was fun and as you say the rules pretty much leave faces undamaged - which was a good thing as I was ugly enough to start with.

Neil

Good action shots Mike. Low light situations certainly do make things difficult don't they. I think the parents would be happy to buy these and I see you have used one of my favorite lenses the 70-200mm VR.

Latest threads

Top Bottom