Indy Motor Speedway lens restrictions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dodgeboy, Sep 11, 2008.

1. dodgeboy

dodgeboy

Feb 23, 2008
    SE MI
    I'm attending the MotoGP races this weekend, and can't find any information about camera lens restrictions on their website. Does anyone have any experience shooting with long lenses there? Last time I was there (for the F1 championship) I had my 70-200VR, and was not hassled. However, this time I want to bring the Bigma 50-500 along with me.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

2. Dont think they have a restriction other than dont bang others in the head.

3. They don't care. I have seen many a monster being wielded by non cardholders at the F1 races.

-TPM

4. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    Shouldn't be a problem, been to Cup races and nobody batted an eye at camera gear.

Besides, the Bigma is really no larger than the 70-200 when closed. If they didn't care about the 70-200, I'm sure they won't notice the 50-500.

5. dodgeboy

dodgeboy

Feb 23, 2008
    SE MI
    Thanks for the input. I finally received an official response from the track and you guys were all correct. No restrictions, except you are not allowed to use tripods in the stands.

I agree about the bigma not being much bigger than the 70-200. I just wasn't sure if they had different rules based on what the event was. Apparently not!

Thanks again,
    Dave

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.