Infrared Images

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by jon.oman, Jun 30, 2007.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Jon

2. Pretty place for IR photography. You have some nice images here.

3. Thanks Gordon, glad that you like them. Yes, it is a pretty place.

It appears you live in Utah? I was there a few years ago. Here is a gallery of my images from the Southwest:

http://jon-oman.smugmug.com/gallery/2537006#135851033

Jon

4. This is a color rendition of the second image above:

[​IMG]

Not sure if I like it, but this is my first attempt with color infrared.

Jon

5. I really like the second shot. I think it would look pretty cool as a HDR image as well.

6. Thanks Rich! I have never done an HDR, but it is in my future.

Jon

7. pixelpixie

pixelpixie Guest

Jon first off cool images! Second, the MOMENT I clicked on this thread I was like "what the heck??? That is Azela Park!!!!" I live in Summerville too!!! LOL
    I am interested in IR photography...do you have to have a special camera that is set up and dedicated to just IR photography? Where would one start for this? Howdy Neighbor!

8. Thanks, glad you like them! And, Howdy also!

I do not have a special IR camera. These were taken with my Nikon D70, with a Hoya R72 filter, on the kit lens. With the filter on you can not see through the viewfinder. The shutter times are long (1/4 to several seconds), so you need to use a tripod. What is nice with digital, is that you can see the image on the viewfinder and look at the histogram. What I do, is compose the image without the filter, and then put the filter on and take the picture.

Did you know there was a local Summerville camera guild? Members get together fairly often for walk-abouts. Take a look here:

http://www.scphotogs.com/

Jon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.