Infrared stuff

inspired by Bjorn's invisible images, i decided to out some IR myself. No great landscapes around Kent in UK, where i live half the time, but i guess IR just makes things a lot cooler.

These are shot with a D70, with a piece of black Velvia stuck to the back of the lens to act as a filter.:biggrin: They would have been even sharper if i had used a real IR filter but there's no way that i can afford a 77mm one.:frown: anyway here are the shots-

53737311.Img0748colour.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

53737877.Img1161small.jpg

53737314.Img1210.jpg

53737878.Img1183small.jpg

53737880.Img1653.jpg

Would have been cool to have a tripod, but i don't so these are all handheld at iso 1600.

A peice of black velvet. Well now isn't that innovative.

Fantastic.

Love IR.....

Yes Bjorn does give one a new perspective to light.

Keep up the good work.

Gale

Remember those long strips of acetate that used to come in metal cartriges? Well there was a type made by Fuji, called the Velvia and that's what i used. That's also an advice from Bjorn. I don't think a piece of black velvet is good for passing anything though, but there's only one way to find out....:biggrin:

I'll let you know what happens

Real Name
Chris
I think Velvia will turn out to be better than velvet - think of the dust! :biggrin:

Oh, by the way, it looks like your experiment worked well. Here's my fave:
malfayu said:
53737877.Img1161small.jpg

I think Velvia will turn out to be better than velvet - think of the dust!

That's exactly what i thought, but i think i just came out with an idea with the velvet- i think you can get velvet, or other fabric with loads of tiny holes between the weaves, with means loads of PINHOLES for free on the surface, think about the images that could make! I'll have to tape something like this on my lens mount and see what i get from it when the sun's out.

Thanks for the inspiration, Gale :tongue:

N

nfoto

At least you'll get loads of dust deposited on your sensor :biggrin:

By the way, your IR experiments turned out quite well, I liked in particular #2 and #3.

awww I mis read VelvIA..

Thanks....

mis-reading gives Ideas lol :>))
Well let me know what happens.

Gale, lol, happens to me all the time. :confused:

Bjorn, the dust may add to the primitive effect that i'm expecting as well.:biggrin:

And thanks for the kind compliment, it's always great to hear something like this from your hero!

:mad: I forgot that my camera's in Nikon HK getting fixed, so i won't be able to try out the velvet any time soon:Depressed :Depressed :Depressed

I always liked that Alaynah Miles song....

Black Velvia and that little boy's smile
Black Velvia in that slow, souther style
A new religion that will bring you to your knees
Black Velvia, if you please...

On a more serious note, the dyes in your typical piece of back velvet cloth are transparent to infrared, so if you photograph it (using the black Velvia filter, or a more "conventional" filter) you'll get a picture of white velvet.

Latest threads

Top Bottom