Inquiring minds want to know..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    The multicolor, moving banner on the main page of NikonCafe, how was it created? I mean, did you have to painfully write a lot of html to get it, or was it automated in some program?
    Jarrell

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Jarrell, It's a Flash animation. I think Patrick made it. Pretty isn't it?

3. I think it is pretty neat too. Any chance Chris of having it change colors?

4. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Ahhh.... Flash. Now I wonder how hard it is to use, e.g. as hard a Photoshop to a beginner?
    Yes it is Melissa. Technology is fascinating, so many things to learn about... so little time.
    Jarrell

5. Jarrell,

This is so true. So I better get started on the things I want to do.

Thanks,

6. Animation is a whole new world, completely different from anything you've ever done.

Woody:Glasses:

7. Was it made in Flash or SwishMax?

Anyway, for anybody that is interested in Flash here is a good place to get you started.

http://www.flashkit.com/index.shtml

Flash is similiar to photoshop because both programs are only limited to how big your imagination is. But as for the layout and stuff...much different. It is extremely difficult to learn at first..probably harder than photoshop by quite a bit. Plus then if you throw in learning actionscript or making a site. That is extremely difficult I think but making nice little banners here and there..that is fun and can become sort of simple.